Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Hello! Last weekend, I went to an Apple Festival (more like a Middle Ages type thing, but with more apples). It was fun and there were lots of little kids running around with their families. School this week is fantastic because a lot of the teachers are acting as chaperones on class trips, and in Germany, when a teacher is not there (sick, etc), there is no class. They have subsitiutes in other grades, but not in 11th, so since my Earth Science teacher, my chemistry and math teacher, my chorus teacher, and my history teacher are gone, I have a much lighter course load. Today, for example, I would normally have math, chemistry, theater and art, but I just had theater and art. That meant that my schoolday didn´t start until 13:45, so I had some time in the morning. I had gotten some carrots earlier because I missed them and had a little carrot craving, but I had gotten too many and at once, so my host mom left me a note saying that I would have to eat them soon or else they would go bad. Since I had time this morning, I decided to make a carrot cake, so I checked to see what ingredients we had (or what I could find, at least), went to the grocery store to pick up the things we didn´t have, and made a cake. It was quite fun. It was a little extra moist in the center, but it turned out ok. Tomorrow, like today, I only have two periods of class. Oh, and another reason why the past couple days have been especially good: I CAN VISIT MY BROTHER IN SPAIN!! My school has break next week, so I´m planning on going on a little trip TO SPAIN to visit Will. I can´t wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dude. That sounds like so much fun. Carrot cake > School.
Post a Comment