Sunday, September 16, 2007

Happy one month Anniversery! I´ve been here for a month now, and it´s been fantastic. The first Rotary weekend is this coming weekend and I am so excited. I can´t wait to meet the other exchange students from the area. And trade pins, you can´t forget that. I´m working on a presentation for that weekend (every exchange student needs to make a presentation about their country, themselves, etc), and on a presentation I need to give to the Rotary club soonish about Rochester, New York, and the USA. Yeah powerpoint!
On a slightly different note, I´ve noticed that Chuck Norris jokes are popular here now (they were popular in Brighton probably about 2 years ago). I was quite suprised. For example: When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris. If you feel so inclined, there are hundrends of them on the internet. I have heard these jokes more than one time, so I assume that they are in the upswing now. People at dragenboat (similair to crew) were telling them, and people at the Jugendkreis (youth circle (in church)) weekend I went to this weekend (singing, praying, playing games like volleyball and crab soccer, eating, etc).
Another random point, in gym, every friday, we run about 3.5ish km around a pond in the Neue Garten. The past two times have been practices, and I think the next time is the real thing. It reminds me a little bit of cross country, except shorter. Fun times.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You updated! Hurrah.

Waht's this? Chorus, Running, Crew?

Margo, you're changing.

Anonymous said...

yeah maybe she'll do something totally out of character next and like volunteer or something. anyway, yeah so Chuck Norris has been coming up a lot lately.. (what a freaky sentence) yesterday we had a huge assembly at my school about Rachel Scott,(first victim at columbine) and who should be interviewed in the video but Chuck Norris. right..very relevant...
anyway, glad things are going well. see ya around...

Anonymous said...

I remember the Rachel's Challenge assembly. Blah, blah, blah, sad, sad, sad, be a good person, CHUCK NORRIS (It took me ages to stop laughing), blah, blah, sad, be a good person, blah.

Anyway, Margo, that all sounds so fun! Do they have Interact there?

Anonymous said...

Hi Margo! Today I was walking to the library, and I saw this girl wearing a bandanna, and I thought, "Hey, look, it's Margo!" And then of course, I recalled that Margo doesn't go to my school. And is also not on this continent.

Happy onemonthiversary (I can make it one word if I want to!) to you. Have fun being all German and everything.

Sahar said...

Miss you.
A lot.

Love,
Sahar